Loading ...

Viewing yourself as a performer! | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Area for Member Introductions » Viewing yourself as a performer!
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions

Viewing yourself as a performer!

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi group,

Having had a 'reasonable' playing career, being a current grassroots sports coach, and working as a sport psychologist with a number of professional sporting organisations, I wanted to join the group to advance the thinking of coaches as 'performers' in their own right.

For the last decade much of my research work at the University of Portsmouth has focused on coach performance to enable a greater understanding to the development of coaching environments, enhancing coach performance, and the delivery of psychology through coaches. The work has resulted in numerous international peer-reviewed publications, a recent text book on the psychology of coaching, but most importantly, interaction with various coaches who have identified questions and challenges that they face that could be examined within a research context.

As such, my involvement here is three-fold.

1. To share the work that my research group have been completing (all research work can be found on my research gate page - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Richard_Thelwell

2. To communicate with coaches to key questions that need addressing and to invite participation in future studies.

3. To enable my own coaching development and to be able to share experiences with others with whom I work.

I look forward to future collaborations, conversations and development opportunities.

Richard Thelwell

· Steve Price, John Bagnall and 1 other like this.

• Page 1 of 1 (1 items)