Loading ...

Statistics - completion of L2 courses | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Area for Member Introductions » Statistics - completion of L2 courses
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions

Statistics - completion of L2 courses

Subscribe to RSS
  • Can anyone tell me what the industry standard is for the percentage of coaches that complete a coaching qualification?  We started delivering 'coach education' in 2014 - 47% have completed their L2 course and 53% are still in the system; of the 53% - 90% are still within their 1yr time frame; so only 10% have fallen behind.  Is this good, bad or average?  Thanks

· Emma Tomlinson likes this.

• I was wondering why the people had not completed in the registration year. Pre course meeting or interviews should confirm training days and registration year adherence. Would you want a level 2 who could not plan there own time, to be responsible for planning athletes progress?

• I know people that have started L2 coaching course and some have found course very difficult to complete due to life style commitments, work commitments or simply can't commit,  i for one found that some of the courses I have done were too faraway to travel to and having children sometimes made it difficult and had to change.  2 years ago I started my L2 Basketball course and found it very difficult I felt I wasn't ready to take the practical exam so put it off until I felt ready. 9 months later i decided to take the exam and passed. 

Unsure if this information helps.  

• I have coaching quals in 4 different sports and I consistently find people who:

1. are doing the course just for their personal interest/education so have no intention of doing anything after the lectures etc have finished
    2. people who did intend to do the coaching hours post-course but had trouble finding a time that suits them. This is particularly true for those who are already coaching - they're probably working full-time and fitting their coaching into their current existing spare time. To find more time to travel across town to do coaching hours is difficult!
    3. And of course, there are others for whom life just gets in the way - family crises, etc.

None of that provides the benchmark requested in the original post, but I hope explains why people don't finish their quals (for the record, I finished all of mine!).

• Thanks everyone for your replies.  Rob does scUK have any official statistics that could be shared?  

• Hi Margaret

I can't provide any "industry standard" data, but in a recent conversation between a group of coach educators, a completion rate of just 25% was mentioned.

This was in relation to one specific programme for a single course, not a multi-centre, multi-tutor average. But one programme with 75% non-completion could seriously dent the average completion rate.

• Page 1 of 1 (6 items)