Loading ...

New blood | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions
  • Just found this site today.  I'm a Level 1 swimming coach with a small club in Somerset, hoping to do whatever ends up being the replacement for the Level 2 qualification early next year (already booked for one, but there seems to be doubt as to whether it will actually take place).  I became involved in coaching as an "interested parent", having two children who swim at the club, but my participation has increased to the point where I'm not only coaching.  I'm also swimming myself and contemplating taking part in Masters events next year.  I didn't swim competitively as a child (and in fact was barely taught to swim beyond the point of "being able to survive if you fell in a canal") and it's given me some valuable insight into just how tough some of the things we ask our swimmers to do actually are.

James

· Barb Augustin and Nicole Booth like this.

• Hi James

Welcome to the ConnectedCoaches community…great to have you on board! Thanks for sharing a bit about your story. It’s always great to learn more about how people got into coaching. Hopefully look forward to reading future contributions

I hope you enjoy your ConnectedCoaches experience and find being a member useful

Cheers

Rob

• Welcome James.  It's great to see an "interested parent" actually take the next step; it definitely helps if parents have a clearer understanding of the demands of competitive sport - take care to separate the "parent" and "coach" roles.  Good luck with your L2.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)