Loading ...

Coach Development/Mentoring | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Area for Member Introductions » Coach Development/Mentoring
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions

Coach Development/Mentoring

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi All

I have just recently joined connectedcoaches and am impressed by the quality of contribution.  I am a  Welshman living and working in Adelaide, Australia.

I have recently taken up the post of Head of Sport at a school (f - Y12) and without doubt the greatest challenge is improving the standard and consistency of coaching across all sports.  

To this end I am currently developing a strategy/model in regard to coach mentoring in the first instance.  I want initial initiatives around raising standards to be as coach driven as possible, as opposed to me imposing a new system on existing staff and before I fully understand the issues.

Any opinion, advice or examples greatly appreciated.

Regards Huw  

· Jon Woodward, Simon Thorpe and 1 other like this.

• Hi Huw

Welcome to ConnectedCoaches!

When I saw your post I thought of a couple of previous conversations that might give you some ideas.

Dusty Miller recently asked for members to share their experiences in this mentoring thread

Also you might find some of the member replies in Wendy Russellconversation 'How to mentor different coaching personalities?!’ useful.

I’m sure others will reply sharing their experiences,  opinions or advice but thought you might initially find these useful.

I hope you enjoy your ConnectedCoaches experience and find being a member useful

Cheers

Rob

• Hi Huw,

Welcome aboard. Just a quick addition to what Rob had to say: a link to a blog I wrote that you might find useful examining the relationship between mentor and coach.

https://www.connectedcoaches.org/spaces/10/welcome-and-general/blogs/general/87/secret-to-a-perfect-partnership-exploring-the-relationship-between-mentor-and-coach

• Thanks Blake

I have always seen the importance in distinguishing between the mentoring relationship and the coaching relationship.

Cheers Huw 

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)