Loading ...

An Introduction... | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions

An Introduction...

Subscribe to RSS
  • I've been a registered member for a few months now however, due to a hectic and busy life I've not really paid much attention to the site and had chosen to 'put it on a back burner' 'til I had a little more time to check it out. Well I guess now must be that time.

I've been coaching endurance running for many years now and I work mainly with senior road runners in the UK. The athletes I work with are wide and varied in ability, ambition and drive. From masters athletes who are trying to break 2h:40m for the marathon through to a couple who are looking to get round a local 10 mile road race. Each have their own unique challenges and it certainly makes for interesting weeks.

I'm a qualified UK Athletics Children's Coach, Level 2 Endurance and am a mentee on the National Coach Development Programme (NDCP). Being on the NCDP gives me lots of extra support and plenty of development opportunities for myself. Indeed last weekend I was part of the coaching team for the England cross country team at the Caceres International Cross County in Spain.

The biggest challenge for me at the moment is getting one of the athletes I work with to break 3 hours for the marathon. The athlete in question is more than capable however, the athlete has autism and we've found that they struggle with pace in the big city marathons!

Anyway, I thought I'd just do a quick hello. Over the next few weeks I'll start to catch-up with the forum threads, the blogs and the podcasts.

Happy Coaching

· Emma Tomlinson, John Smith and 2 others like this.

• laughing Hi Darren! Great to see you have had time to cross over to the computer side of coaching here at connected coaches site. Nice to see more Athletics coaches on here too. Hope you enjoy the benefits on the site and hopefully get the answers to questions you might have and also exchange Ideas with other coaches on the site. 

· Rob Maaye likes this.

•  Hi Darren

Welcome to the ConnectedCoaches community! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and the challenges that you are facing at the moment.

Really happy that you’ve taken the time to get involved. I look forward to reading your contributions in future weeks (when time permits). Just to echo what Emma says I hope you enjoy being a member of ConnectedCoaches and find it useful

All the best

Rob

PS

On 20/02/17 4:40 PM, Darren Reevell said:

the athlete has autism

Incidentally if you type into the search bar autism there may be some resources shared on the site that you might find helpful?

· Emma Tomlinson likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)