Loading ...

What is your coaching story? | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Area for Member Introductions » What is your coaching story?
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions

What is your coaching story?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi everyone, my name is Jaimie Sinfield, I'm 51 and my sport is American Football in the UK.

I'm English born, and was introduced to Gridiron in the early 80's due to Channel 4's weekly coverage, and it wasn't long before my desire to play this great sport, took me to the Arun Leisure Centre in Bognor Regis, and specificly the South Coast Sharks AFC. I loved the sports specitifity regarding positions, it's physicality's, and more importantly the tactical X's and O's of the game.

I had many eventful years as a player, good times and bad, but when I hang up my cleats, I left the game generally intact with nothing but a bleeding heart, and it was this that got me into coaching.

I started at Youth Flag, which at the time was Semi Contact, winning a National Title, before representing England at International level. Around the same time, I was part of an Offensive Coaching Staff and OC for the very first all female full contact game to be held in the UK.

Not long after, the Senior game came calling, and I had stints with different clubs along the South Coast. I'm currently Coaching with the University Of Chichester Spitfires AFC.

· Melanie Mallinson and Rob Maaye like this.

• On 25/05/16 2:15 PM, Richard Allen said:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=516BAD6F40494B0D!2377&authkey=!ADL2OYmRKV4XsrE&ithint=video%2cmp4

Here's a quick video I've made for my coaching story!

Love this Rich!

• Thanks for sharing Rich.

I love your honest account - humbling words brought to life with images. Its an inspiring piece for anyone start in out in coaching but also, great for stimulating reflection in those who are already coaching.

Acting Community Manager

• Hello everyone.  My name is Charles Infurna.  I am the throwing coach at Nazareth College, a small private Division III institution located in Rochester, NY.  I am starting my fifth year as throwing coach at Nazareth.  

I began coaching after graduating from college, back in 2004.  I was asked to stay on at SUNY Fredonia as a Graduate Assistant, tasked with coaching the throwers on the track and field team.  I had no idea what I was doing when I started, but it worked out well while I was at SUNY Fredonia.  Fredonia is a small public University located in Fredonia, New York (Western New York).  I coached there for a few years until my wife and I moved back to Rochester, NY, where we are both originally from.  

I was fortunate to coach a National Champion 20lb. Weight Thrower while at Fredonia, in 2009.  Julia threw the Weight 18.29m.  She was also a 58m Hammer Thrower.  Since I started at Nazareth College, I have been just as fortunate with coaching Luis Rivera, the 2016 Division III Indoor 35lb. Weight Throw National Champion.  He threw the Weight 20.45m.  He is also a 60m Hammer Thrower.

My passion is coaching.  I have started focusing more time on the relationship aspects of coaching, specifically coach-athlete relationships.  I used a coaching model as the theory behind my dissertation work.  

I hope to learn more from everyone here involved with ConnectedCoaches.

Thank you,

Charles

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• On 05/10/16 2:38 PM, Charles Infurna said:

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the community Charles...great to have you on board!

On 05/10/16 2:38 PM, Charles Infurna said:

focusing more time on the relationship aspects of coaching, specifically coach-athlete relationships

You might find a couple of Sophia Jowett's blogs right up your street!

On 05/10/16 2:38 PM, Charles Infurna said:

I hope to learn more from everyone here involved with ConnectedCoaches.

Reading your story I'm sure you've lots of experiences to share yourself! Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy your ConnectedCoaches experience and find it useful.

Cheers

Rob

• Hi. Got started in martial arts  in my mid thirties with my then primary school age sons. Coaching was a natural progression as we went up through the grading system, and I enjoyed supporting others to develop as they came into the sport.  The club folded and we were looking for another activity we could share. They fancied giving kayaking a go, we joined the local sea kayaking club and have been active members ever since. We all enjoy the outdoors and being active, and it's good to pass on that enthusiasm to others and help them through those first steps when it feels like there's too much to get your head round!.  I helped out with coaching informally for a couple of years  as I was heavily involved in the running of the club and a number of big club events, and now I've stepped back from club management I have moved on to take UKCC Levels 1 and 2 coach training and assessments, completing level 2 in June 2016.  I'm now one of four level 2 coaches in the club. I also hold a post-graduate certificate in education. 

• On 29/01/17 1:06 PM, Iain MacBride said:

Hi. Got started in martial arts  in my mid thirties with my then primary school age sons. Coaching was a natural progression as we went up through the grading system, and I enjoyed supporting others to develop as they came into the sport.  The club folded and we were looking for another activity we could share. They fancied giving kayaking a go, we joined the local sea kayaking club and have been active members ever since. We all enjoy the outdoors and being active, and it's good to pass on that enthusiasm to others and help them through those first steps when it feels like there's too much to get your head round!.  I helped out with coaching informally for a couple of years  as I was heavily involved in the running of the club and a number of big club events, and now I've stepped back from club management I have moved on to take UKCC Levels 1 and 2 coach training and assessments, completing level 2 in June 2016.  I'm now one of four level 2 coaches in the club. I also hold a post-graduate certificate in education. 

Welcome to the ConnectedCoaches community Ian! Great to have you on board smile

With moving from two sports so different as Martial Arts and Kayaking it sounds like you'll have some great experiences to share. Really looking forward to your contributions!

I hope you enjoy being a ConnectedCoaches member and find it useful

Cheers

Rob