Loading ...

Volunteers’ Week 2017: what’s your coaching story? | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Area for Member Introductions » Volunteers’ Week 2017: what’s your coaching story?
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Area for Member Introductions

Volunteers’ Week 2017: what’s your coaching story?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Today marks the beginning of Volunteers’ Week (1 – 7 June). With 74% of coaches giving up their time voluntarily it’s a week that is all about celebrating the difference many of you make and I’m keen to hear your stories.

How did you get started in coaching? What motivates you to keep coaching? 

Whether you are a volunteer coach or not I’d love to get to know more about you and your passion for coaching.

As always I look forward to reading your replies

Cheers

Rob

PS Feel free to add photos (press insert -> insert image) or video (via YouTube/Vimeo – press insert -> insert/edit video -> embed->paste embed code) to your reply.

· Emma Tomlinson, Elly Moore and 1 other like this.

• It's always great to celebrate our volunteers - although the majority are very modest about it all.

I got started with coaching rugby as it proved a great way to keep warm while watching my son train and play! Things kind of snowballed from there and I now help run part of the club's Academy as well as being Club Coaching Coordinator (and a few other bits and pieces).

What motivates me? Seeing our group grow week on week, both in numbers as well as playing ability - and in the kids attitudes. The RFU are very keen on 'developing kids through rugby' and not just coaching them to win at all costs. 

Hand on heart, I'd happily adopt my entire squad - but not sure what my wife would say about that!!

its also great to see our success rubbing off on other age groups, and more coaches getting qualified and starting their journeys. We have a brilliant team of volunteers - and an evening next weekend when the club shows its gratitude with some drinks and nibbles!! 

· Rob Maaye, Delores McCallum and 1 other like this.

• On 01/06/17 11:25 AM, Andy Stevens said:

I got started with coaching rugby as it proved a great way to keep warm while watching my son train and play!

Hahaha I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone get started like that before Andy!

On 01/06/17 11:25 AM, Andy Stevens said:

Hand on heart, I'd happily adopt my entire squad - but not sure what my wife would say about that!!

Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing a little bit about your story Andy really enjoyed reading it this morning!

· Andy Stevens likes this.

• Considering I had no intention of getting involved originally Rob, it's become rather addictive! All down to a great bunch of kids (and parents) 👍

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)