Loading ...

Badminton Foundation Benchmarks | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Coaching Top Tips » Badminton Foundation Benchmarks
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching Top Tips

Badminton Foundation Benchmarks

Subscribe to RSS
  • I am currently involved with setting up a new Foundation session coaching badminton at grassroots level to children ages 6 - 11 and I am looking at creating Benchmarks to indicate participant progression.

What skills or attitudes should be included on the list from which to develop the benchmarks? Or do you have any suggestions for specific benchmarks whether implicit or explicit?

Some of my initial thoughts are - footwork, throwing action, fast feet, balance, coordination

• Hello Wayne 

I am a Level 2 Badminton coach. Badminton England have launched a new initiative called The Racket Pack which has a suggested list of achievements linked to movement, technique and game play for KS1, Lower KS2 and Upper KS2. Have a look on the BAdminton England website. I have pasted the link here. 

https://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/landingpage.asp?section=5749&sectionTitle=Bisi

It is very thorough (but you do have to pay for it). 

You are the first person who has mentioned badminton on here. So thank you. 

• hi Wayne, your list worries me.

i'd strongly suggest you don't coach the condition, the symptoms, the dis-ease.

you'd expect any medical professional to treat the person, not the problem. one can have the same problem with two different people, and have vastly different outcomes, one size doesn't fit all.

when kids say what thier favorite sport is, often they are saying who thier favorite coach is.

the person always makes the difference.

expand you list to the personality, that's where the motivation comes from to do your list in the first place.

in terms of your list drill the basics to high reproducible repetition and the rest allow individuality.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)