Loading ...

Regional CPD Workshops (for triathlon) I’m starting one, what would you include? | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Continuing Professional Development (CPD) » Regional CPD Workshops (for triathlon) I’m starting one, what would you include?
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)

Regional CPD Workshops (for triathlon) I’m starting one, what would you include?

Subscribe to RSS
  • I’m trying to establish a coaching workshop for the triathlon coaches of the Eastern Region. My initial thoughts are that we could establish the agenda prior to the day but wondered what other coaches would consider including?

CPD, best practice, available resources, suitable venues, collaboration. 

I’d also like to have a guest speaker - any suggestions or volunteers?

Thanks in advance 

Paul

• I'm not in your region, but this is my ha'penny's worth:

- How to find venues for cycling coaching (a real challenge which hugely limits our ability to deliver bike handling skills training imho)

- Coaching groups of wide range of abilities/experience

- How best to share knowledge/session plans etc. - ideas

Sounds like a good idea

Good luck

· Paul Heselwood likes this.

• Hmm. If there was no agenda published well in advance I would be reluctant to commit to it, particularly if I could plan in something more relevant to me.  I would suggest an agenda with some capacity to cope with coaches questions - no more than an hour, so there is a substantial amount of material to get people to attend.

I'm not in your region I'm northeast based so can't help.

One tricky item all coaches have to deal with is season planning. Falling in to this is performance measurement and how to use the results to replan. Testing an athletes performance can take a chunk out of their training or rest. But if you have a good set of training measurements you can use this to observe how their training is going and predict an athletes race performance.

· Paul Heselwood likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)