Loading ...

first impressions of the ConnectedCoaches environment | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions on ConnectedCoaches » first impressions of the ConnectedCoaches environment
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Feedback and Suggestions on ConnectedCoaches

first impressions of the ConnectedCoaches environment

Subscribe to RSS
  • I have been on the site for all of three days - I wanted to capture first impressions while they were still fresh.

Things I like

• There are already some very knowledgeable coaches on board - I am looking forward to seeing more "member" ConnectedCoaches who can report "from the trenches" alongside the "staff" and "moderator" Coaches.
    • Conversations have already started.
    • The interface seems to be pretty straight-forward, and it is easy to start a new topic or reply to an existing thread (so long as I remember to log in...).

Things I am less keen on

• I don't like the "answered" button - it gives the impression that there is a definitive answer, when, very often in coaching, I don't think there is - more "art" than "science".
    • And (this is personal), I have never been a fan of the "member level" rankings on any social platform - they seem to encourage people to respond to any question, even if they aren't really contributing very much to the conversation, just to maintain their ranking. Rankings can also sometimes encourage profile "gaming" - a very full profile post might not say much about the coach, beyond the fact that they have written a lot on their profile page!
    • I am also a little wary of the "corporate" response - "here at sportscoachUK we have formulated the following protocol..." - as it also tends to suppress further conversation around a topic. Don't get me wrong - why try to re-invent the wheel? But the word-from-on-high can kill discussion and interaction stone dead.

Right.  I'm off to do some coaching!

· Sarah Milner likes this.

• Thanks for taking the time to feedback Andrew it’s very helpful.

There are about 40 coaches registered so far but just to reassure you that I’m in the process of inviting more so hopefully we will be seeing more new coaches join over the next few weeks.

I agree with you 100% on the answered button and it something that I started doing early on and regretted it immediately, which is why I haven’t done it for any conversations since. We are currently investigating if we can hide the button with the platform developers so this no longer is an option.

Regarding the gamification issue you raise. Again I understand where you are coming from. I’m looking at ways to make this more quality based rather than quantity as you are absolutely right we could have a situation where people just post any old response. Just to let you know though the detail with which you fill in your profile doesn’t actually contribute towards a member’s level.

In reference to the “corporate response” again it’s a very valid point and I will relay it back to the team. We definitely don’t want to do anything that suppresses conversations!

Once again thanks for the constructive feedback it’s crucial if we are to develop ConnectedCoaches moving forward so is greatly appreciated.

· Denise Brown likes this.

• On 09/06/15 11:51, Andrew Beaven said:

...the word-from-on-high can **** discussion and interaction stone dead.

Just looking back at this post, and noticed it has been "censored"...I can't imagine what I could written to have it ****'ed out?

and no, I am not given to swearing in social media posts...

• On 01/07/15 11:00 PM, Andrew Beaven said:
    On 09/06/15 11:51, Andrew Beaven said:

...the word-from-on-high can **** discussion and interaction stone dead.

Just looking back at this post, and noticed it has been "censored"...I can't imagine what I could written to have it ****'ed out?

and no, I am not given to swearing in social media posts...

Sorry about that Andrew. I uploaded a profanity list of about 700 words which automatically replaces certain words from that list with asterisks. I thought I had removed all the ones I didnt agree with but it seems one slipped through the net! I have removed "kill" from this list so that should have cleared up now and no longer be an issue. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

• Phew...at least it wasn't what I feared I had might have written...

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (5 items)