Loading ...

pleese, plesae, please...can we have an online spellchecker, please? | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions on ConnectedCoaches » pleese, plesae, please...can we have an online spellchecker, please?
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Feedback and Suggestions on ConnectedCoaches

pleese, plesae, please...can we have an online spellchecker, please?

Subscribe to RSS
  • for posts & comments

oh, and my %*!/&* computer doesn't think "spellchecker" is a word; nor "online"

· Jon Woodward and Emma Tomlinson like this.

•   Answered

Hi Andrew

I'll have a word with our platform suppliers and see if its on their "road map" for future upgrades of the platform. For something like this we are very much in their hands as to whether or not it's something that could be developed (due to the nature of the functionality). I'll be sure to reply to this thread when I hear back from them but it might be a week or two depending on their progress with the existing upgrade

Cheers

Rob

• You could also try a different browser. Firefox has a spellchecker built in.

· Andrew Beaven likes this.

• Thanks, Denzil...but then I would have to use a different browser for sites that don't like Firefox...

Still - thanks for the suggestion.

• Thanks Rob

If it can be done easily, great.

If not, I can try Denzil's suggestion.

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Hi Andrew

I have only recently joined Connected Coaches and have not much experience of ‘posting’ but I may have a suggestion that might help. As per the example in the ‘How to Guide’, cut and paste your posts from a Word document. It is not too ‘clunky’ a process; it means your text is ‘spell checked’ and it provides a back-up, permanent record of all your posts. PS (have just tried this with this post and you have to ‘Control V’ to get text to paste in! So perhaps it is more ‘clunky’ than I thought!).

· Andrew Beaven likes this.

• On 22/04/16 10:17 AM, Barney Ball said:

PS (have just tried this with this post and you have to ‘Control V’ to get text to paste in! So perhaps it is more ‘clunky’ than I thought!).

Welcome to the ConnectedCoaches community Barney! I agree it is a bit clunky having to do that to paste text so I’ve added it to the list of things to ask suppliers if a paste button can be added to the editor to make things easier for everyone.

On 22/04/16 10:17 AM, Barney Ball said:

and it provides a back-up, permanent record of all your posts.

Just so you are aware if you go to your profile and then click the forum button that keeps a record of every conversation you have replied to. For example see below of a screenshot of mine

forum profile post image

There are also some developments on the way as part of the new platform upgrade (we are currently testing) that will make it easier for you to find your content/activity and things that interest you on the site. Hopefully that will be done in the not too distant future!

Cheers

Rob

· Barney Ball likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (7 items)