Loading ...

Team sports: Would your athletes be interested in helping on this members research? | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Team sports: Would your athletes be interested in helping on this members research?
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Team sports: Would your athletes be interested in helping on this members research?

Subscribe to RSS
  • In conjunction with Loughborough and Staffordshire Universities one of our members Dr Sophia Jowett is conducting research that aims to examine the degree to which coach leadership behaviours and coach-athlete relationships can influence the collective confidence of the players in a team.

For this research they are recruiting athletes from a wide variety of team sports, who play competitively, and ask them to complete a short (15 min) survey about their coaches’ behaviours, interactions and relations. The survey is completely anonymous and players will only be asked for contact details if they wish to be considered for a prize draw to win one of 8 £25 cheques. 

If you would be interested in receiving more information please reply to this conversation and I will pass on your details to Sophia. (If not I recommend you check out Sophia’s blog on the importance of relationships here wink)

· Jon Woodward likes this.

• Hi I coach Track and fired athletics. It is an invidual sport but all come together as a team for matches.

If my athletes and me 'fit' your criteria, I would happy to reveive more information and may get other coached/athletes at my club to take part.

Kind regards

Ian Mahomey

• Hi Ian. I’m informed they are strictly looking for performers/athletes from team sports due to the variables they are measuring (collective efficacy and team cohesion). These don’t “translate” or fit well with individual sports. Thanks for the offer though it’s greatly appreciated!

• Put it out to my new club and one got back straight away saying she would be interested - I am sure that others will too.

So please feel free to pass my details onto Sophia 

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)