Loading ...

The Impact of Storytelling on Coaching - Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » The Impact of Storytelling on Coaching - Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

The Impact of Storytelling on Coaching - Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling

Subscribe to RSS
  • For those who have seen my ramblings before, you will now I love all things Pixar, cartoons and the like.

The image attached popped in my Twitter feed last week and I felt compelled to share it straight away!

However, as I read the 'rules' more, it sounds like the development of a coaching process, or even a philosophy to work by.

Some jumped out at straight away:

You gotta keep in mind what's interesting to you as an audience, not what's fun to do as a writer. They can be very different.

This reminded me of my own blog ( The Need to Coach the Audience and the Spectator ) and something I always consider when coaching and tutoring

If you were your character, in this situation, how would you feel? Honestly leads to credibility to unbelievable situations.

I think this is the impact (positive) coaching has...

No work is ever wasted. If it's not working, let go and move on -it'll come back around to be useful later.

Coaching is a journey, and every experience, and every session we do, shapes us as coaches, and our players as performers.

Which 'rule' can you relate to and why?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Have a great weekend

Jon

· Catherine Baker, Brett Holland and 4 others like this.

• Page 1 of 1 (1 items)