Loading ...

From Athlete to Coach | Welcome and General

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » From Athlete to Coach
Welcome and General

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

From Athlete to Coach

Subscribe to RSS
  • I am in the process of completing a review and report on our coaching and performance programme. I would like to hear other member's views on the subject of athletes becoming coaches and performance managers after they have stopped competing.

I am aware that some competitors go on to become excellents coaches, but experience tells me that this is not always the case. My observations are telling me that some ex-athlete/coaches deliver their sessions in a mirrored content of what they experienced, and don't look at the bigger picture. In other words they end up coaching their athletes as if it were themselves.

Comments most welcome, and perhaps admin may even consider a poll.

· Rob Maaye and Maha El Nasser like this.

• On 12/09/16 9:10 AM, David Burgess said:

I would like to hear other member's views on the subject of athletes becoming coaches and performance managers after they have stopped competing.

Great question David. You might also find replies to this Simon Browning thread from a while back useful: Do ex-players make the best coaches?

I look forward to reading any new replies you get.

On 12/09/16 9:10 AM, David Burgess said:

perhaps admin may even consider a poll.

We would have liked to run one for you David but there is currently a bug that has meant we have difficulty running polls at the moment...so apologies about that!

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)