Loading ...

How do you make your sessions fun? | Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Children (Ages 5-12) » Forum » All other coaching children topics » How do you make your sessions fun?
Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: All other coaching children topics

How do you make your sessions fun?

Subscribe to RSS
  • A couple of days ago it was rather warm so instead of doing the sprints session I intended to do I decided to do a jumps session, not any old jumps session. 

With the permission of the headteacher and knowing it was going to be quite messy but colourful I asked if I was allowed to use chalk and draw on the playground.  

I split the pupils into groups of 3 pupils being small, medium and large.  Each child was given a peice of chalk and asked to draw around each other leaving a silhouette of each pupil on the floor.

Once this was done the pupils were asked to stand at the foot of the silhouette and perform a jump and mark where they had landed, in doing this each child could see who had jumped the furthest.   Pupils was allowed to go around the playground and find another silhouette to jump over.

It was great to see pupils involved,  engaged as well as having fun and laughing at each others silhouettes.

By the end of the session the playground became a much brighter and colour place, well until it decides to rain.

I'm interested to find out how you make your sessions fun and exciting.    

· Rob Maaye, Liz Burkinshaw and 1 other like this.

• Hi Emma. I run an after-school football club for kids in years 3 and 4. In general terms, I try to empower the children so if they come up with ideas, my default response is "let's try it". They seem to really enjoy this approach. They like to play 5-a-side tournaments regularly so I always theme them - World Cup, Champions League, Premier League etc. Recently, Bristol Rovers beat Barcelona in the Nou Camp (top half of the playground) and, on Tuesday, the kids showed off their knowledge of Latin America as they played their own Copa America - Argentina, captained by a boy wearing a Messi shirt, saw off Brazil, Colombia and Jamaica.

· Rob Maaye, Rebecca Mole and 2 others like this.

• Hi Andy,  that is one reason I love working with children,  they are so imaginative, creative.  I always ask children for ideas it gives makes them  feel special and helpful.  kid  are more likely to take part if there ideas are used. 

I have a great game that I play using foam javelin and use the characters from star wars films the children love the game.  

I could emaiI if your interested you can adjust accordingly.  

· Andy Edwards likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)