Loading ...

Safeguarding and Protecting Children - Appropriate adult-child touch policy in sport | Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Children (Ages 5-12) » Forum » Safeguarding and Protecting Children » Safeguarding and Protecting Children - Appropriate adult-child touch policy in sport
Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Safeguarding and Protecting Children

Safeguarding and Protecting Children - Appropriate adult-child touch policy in sport

Subscribe to RSS
  • This month Dr Melanie Lang, from Edge Hill University, produced a video presentation for sports coach UK on appropriate adult-child touch in sport.

How do coaches feel about the content and what points stand out for you or do you even disagree with?

For me I was reassured to hear that appropriate adult-child touch in coaching has been proven to be an effective tool not only in developing effective communication and productive coaching relationships, but also helps children to identify inappropriate touch should it ever happen at a later time.

Personally though (when javelin coaching) I avoid too much touch, purely so it is not me putting the athlete into technical throwing positions - i'd sooner they learned and 'felt' that for themself - my hope is that this makes it easier for most children to then replicate these positons.

David

· Melanie Mallinson and Rob Maaye like this.

• Page 1 of 1 (1 items)