Loading ...

Police Counter-terrorism Training | Coaching Youth (age 13-18)

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Youth (age 13-18) » Forum » Coaching Youth (age 13-18), General Forum » Police Counter-terrorism Training
Coaching Youth (age 13-18)

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching Youth (age 13-18), General Forum

Police Counter-terrorism Training

Subscribe to RSS
  • On Tuesday I attended Police Counter-terrorism training with a group of Safeguarding Tutors.  It was really noticeable how the signs and symptoms of radicalisation are exactly the same as other types of abuse.  Powerful as a key message in itself - but it also reminded me that Safeguarding training as a whole is so important and goes far beyond what it was initally developed for now (sexual abuse in repsonse to cases in the early 90s).

I was truly relieved that we're already on the right tracks, but the Police information and case studies will be a valuable addition to the sports coach UK Safeguarding offer.  We're always learning in this game

Dave

· Melanie Mallinson and Jon Woodward like this.

• Interesting stuff Dave - is there a link or further information you can share please?

Changing times...

• Hi Jon,

Not just yet as the police are sending resources my way soon

Dave

• I was able to attend a Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP), as a school governor, and the point about safeguarding was strongly emphasised.

And I believe that the Prevent strategy might gain much wider acceptance if it was integrated into general Safeguarding programmes, rather than, as now, "imposed" in "problem" areas.

· Melanie Mallinson likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)