Loading ...

Research request: Coaching strategies that are best suited for meeting the learning needs of adults | Coaching Adults

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Adults » Forum » All other topics on coaching adults » Research request: Coaching strategies that are best suited for meeting the learning needs of adults
Coaching Adults

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: All other topics on coaching adults

Research request: Coaching strategies that are best suited for meeting the learning needs of adults

Subscribe to RSS
  • We’ve been approached by a PhD candidate at the University of Ottawa and Cape Breton University in Canada and asked to share an opportunity with members of the community.

They have launched an anonymous online survey where coaches who have experience working with adults are being asked to self-report how frequently they employ certain coaching actions with adult athletes. They are particularly interested to gather in particular UK coaches experiences.

The aim of this study is to identify the coaching strategies and behaviours that are best suited for meeting the learning needs of adults. 

The study consists of a single 15 minute online questionnaire and is open until 1 June.

As a result of members participating they will share the findings of the research on ConnectedCoaches in the form of a blog and infographics.

If you’re interested in completing the survey here is the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/adultsportcoachsurvey

To thank coaches for participating, they will be offering members the chance to enter their name in a draw to win one of ten $50 sports retail gift cards (if UK coaches are successful they will get equivalent of $50).

Not compulsory but if you complete the survey I would also appreciate it if you replied to this thread saying so.

Just so we can help with the identification of you as a ConnectedCoaches member should you win the gift voucher and they need to make it a UK based voucher!

Cheers

Rob

PS If you reply to this conversation as well it qualifies you to get your free Tandem coach + athlete report. Tandem is an evidence-based coaching software tool that will help you develop better, more effective and successful relationships with your athletes/teams. More information about the offer is at the end of the blog: Review of the Tandem Coach-athlete Relationship Tool which you can find in the Embracing Technology group.

• as requested - survey completed. Not sure about the questions - some of them seemed to be along the lines of "have you stopped beating your wife?" !!!

· Jim McRobert and Fiona Travers like this.

• Not sure I picked up that vibe from the questions Anthea...but thanks for completing the survey...always appreciated! smile

· Samantha Miller likes this.

• Hi

just completed the survey

• Survey completed ... have supplied my other email address (i.e. not my work one).

• On 26/04/17 6:08 PM, Barrie Whitehead said:

Hi

just completed the survey

Super thanks Barry smile

• On 26/04/17 7:00 PM, Elly Moore said:

Survey completed ... have supplied my other email address (i.e. not my work one).

Awesome thanks as always Elly smile

• Done! 

(I'm in Australia, but if the gift vouchers are for internet based shops such as Wiggle, they'll be fine)

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Done!

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Survey Completed - so interesting question, time for a bit of self reflection maybe?

i will be interested to see the result 😃

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Survey completed.  I found it a little difficult at times as it seemed heavily focused on the 'competing adult', whereas most of my adults do compete but a fundamentally leisure riders.  

It will be of interest to see the results :) 

Good Luck 

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Done

· Rob Maaye likes this.

• Page 1 of 1 (12 items)