Loading ...

Elearning. Is it always appropriate? | Inclusive Coaching

We use cookies to improve this online community and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Inclusive Coaching » Forum » Coaching Disabled Sportspeople » Elearning. Is it always appropriate?
Inclusive Coaching

Leave group

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Public Group
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching Disabled Sportspeople

Elearning. Is it always appropriate?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Something I have been thinking about lately is the formats of learning available for coaches. We know that elearning is a great fromat to gain knowledge but is this an appropriate format for coaches to understand more about coaching disabled people?

I know that the 'spare' time coaches have to upskill themsleves is very limited as most coaches are either working their day jobs, involved in family or, er, coaching! But, can you get a message across about a topic as emotive and often senstive as coaching disabled people?

Let's face it, there are a lot of misconceptions out there about disabled people in sport. Surely a face to face training event where misconceptions can be discussed and coaches can learn from each other's experiences are far more beneficial than reading a screen and completing online online activities.

Or am I just stuck in the stoneage? Have any of you come across any exceptional ways of learning that you think is appropriate in this instance? I'd love to hear from you....

· Emma Tomlinson and Steve Price like this.

• Hi Emma

This reminds me of the old school type of equal opportunity training - get the manaagers to tick the boxes and we've fulfilled our legal obligations - in other words 'we're covered'

In my opinion, the best way to coach disabled people is to get out there and coach them and also understand that the basic principles of coaching are; coach people as individuals, what are their needs? What are their goals? and most importantly, how can I make a difference?

Kind regards

Steve

· Sarah Milner, Kev Darke and 2 others like this.

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)